Dear Parents and Staff,
I hope you are enjoying the last glorious weeks of summer. Before your first trip "up the hill," I want to remind you that we are changing the traffic pattern around Bedford High School and Lurgio Middle School (map). There are several key changes:
- As you come up the main driveway, all traffic must go ONE WAY and CLOCKWISE around the schools starting at the small loop driveway. This should ease congestion. We opted for the clockwise direction so the passenger doors of our busses would be facing to curb when picking up students. Also, all the parking lots are now one way.
- Parent Pick Up/Drop Off for the high school and middle school is now located in front of Lurgio. This should improve the speed at which parents can get in and out.
- Late arrivals for the middle school and high school should come through the small loop driveway. Parents and community members can still use this loop for pick up and drop off when it does not coincide with the beginning or end of the school day.
- The Bus Pick Up and Drop Off locations have not changed.
Also, pedestrians have additional crosswalks throughout the campus. The purpose is to improve safety for all students, staff, parents, and visitors. Thank you for your patience as we make this transition.
PS If each driver could do these three things, it will make this transition much smoother and safer.
- Please be patient as you and other drivers learn about these changes.
- Please yield to pedestrians at all times when on campus.
- Please take turns at the main intersections in order to avoid delays and backups.